Thursday, September 11, 2008

The BEST birthday ever!!

Hey guys! This is my new blog. Something happened to my old one to where I can't log-in, so I have to start over!

This past Tuesday was my birthday. It started out pretty crummy because I had to wake up SUPER early for school, and then I had to stay on campus till 5:00. After work, I drove to Matt's house in Rigby (10 minutes from BYUI). Little did I know the best surprise ever was waiting there! Matt and I walked in the front door and his house was covered in rose petals and pretty candles. Matt cooked me a yummy enchillada dinner. After dinner, he gave me this journal with pictures and fun memories written in it. Then Matt said, "Let's go on the deck." So we walk outside, and stand there for a second, and this big "Marry Me" sign that Matt made out of lights lit up! I freaked out! We walked over to the sign, and there was a string of lights going up the tree with a rose at the top. Matt was like, "What's this rose doing here?" Inside the rose was my DREAM ring that my Matt lied to me about and said he couldn't get it. I was crying and laughing at the same time. Matt's two brothers, James and Mikey got it on video from the roof. It was such an amazing night! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father brought us together at such a perfect time. I love him so much, and I am so excited for this next phase of our lives!

The pretty flowers and candles Matt set up.




a re-enactment =)



Thanks James and Mikey!


He made the night so PERFECT


the ring!


I'm SO happy!!!


2 comments:

Terry and Kelci said...

Awww Rachel! That is so perfect!

Unknown said...

Way cute & super romantic! What a rock!