Monday, April 14, 2014

Cooper's Birth Story

Let's talk about the Ash's for a second. They are our absolute best friends in the entire world. Matt and Bryan served LDS missions together in Miami, and were best friends since day 1. They both left Miami at the same time and were roommates at BYU-I. That's where Matt and Bryan met me and Monica. And the rest is history. No joke, we have spent basically every weekend together since '09. 

The Ash's told us they were pregnant while having dinner at Stockman's. I instantly burst into happy tears and gave Monica the biggest hug. She is not only my best friend, but she's my soul sista. I'm absolutely convinced we were BFF's in heaven. I'm not sure what we are going to do without them when we move to Cali ;(((

So, last week, they finally had their BABY BOY! Monica seriously had the worst pregnancy evs. She puked 3x a day for about the first 5 months of her pregnancy. We all were thinking she would have an easy labor because her actual pregnancy was h.or.r.i.b.l.e, (we were sadly incorrect) but of course, the end result made it all worth it! Here's baby Ash's birth story told from my perspective.

 I arrived at EIRMC on 4/9 around lunch time. I bought Bryan a Big Mac and chicken nugs for lunch. We all sat around and chatted...waiting and waiting...


Since day 1 of her pregnancy, Monica worried and worried about the epidural and her dang IV because of her HUGE fear of needles. She seriously handled both like a champ. I was so proud!

So crazy what the woman body can do...

Monica went from 6cm, to 8cm, to 10c, in about two hours. And so she started pushing...

Bryan was such an awesome motivator! Again, proud moment! I honestly felt like I was watching my own children conquer a huge mountain together ha!



Finally, after hours and hours of pushing and the doctor using this vacuum, a C-section was ordered. Baby was SO close to coming out, but his head couldn't fit through the birth canal.
 
Getting his bunny suit on for the OR.

After basically going through hell for pushing every three minutes for 5 hours, Monica remained her usual, hilarious self. The nurses and surgeons kept commenting about her upbeat personality. 


Cooper Adam Ash. Born at 7:18 PM on 4/9/2014. I had the honor of being with Bryan as he met his beautiful newborn son for the first time(Monica was getting sewn up next door). Talk about heart explosions.  



This just may be my favorite picture I've ever snapped. 



Coop meeting Uncle Matty for the first time.


First bath 


Monica was so brave and strong the entire day and maintained such a positive attitiude. I am so so proud of her! You are a rockstar, Moni!!

Baby heaven. Thanks again you guys, from the bottom of my heart, for letting me capture this amazing day. Coop is one lucky kid to have yall as parents. I love all of you!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Darren Peterson said...
Monica is amazing for sure! I'm impressed she had the drive to push for so long! I alway tell Darren, if I'm pushing for more then an hour I'm call quits. So happy for them!
Chelsea

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing Monica's story. You captured some great photos!

Dave said...

Rae, You are the Rock Star!