Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Idahooo

Never in my life would I have thought I'd live/go to college in Idaho. Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I ended up here. Well maybe it's the fact that it was the only college I applied to. Not because BYUI was the only school I wanted to go to...but somehow I ended up here :)



Living in Idaho for the past 4 years (I can't believe it's been that long!) I've discovered major pros and cons of life in potato country.

Here's my list:

Pros:
GORGEOUS scenery
Yellowstone is only a few miles away
No city pollution
The yummiest potatoes eva
Summer days aren't too hot, and summer nights are sooo nice
Snowboarding
Low crime rate
Super nice people

Cons:
It's freezing from October well into Spring. I had to wear my winter jacket today to run errands
Crappy snowy roads
No legit Mexican food places
I miss my black folks! Seeing a black person here is like finding a piece of pepper in a glass of milk. I need diversity
No public outdoor swimming pools
The fruit is not as good as Texas fruit
The closest GOOD mall is 4 hours away in Salt Lake. But not having a mall close by has helped with my shopping addiction
Being soo far away from my family. No bueno


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Just came across your blog and noticed that you guys got married the same month as me and my husband. =)
I dislike the cold weather and snowy roads too. Give me summer please

Edy said...

Idaho sucks. Well, I haven't actually been there, but anywhere without good Mexican food sucks. The low crime rate and lack of pollution sound pretty appealing though! Freezing cold weather...not so much.